Career and Leadership Coach
San Antonio, TX
- Online via Zoom
- Business Soft Skills
- Communication/EQ Skills
- Customized Workshops for Your Org
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Presence
- Leadership Assessments
- Brand Development
- Midlife Career Change/Exploration
- Communication/EQ Skills
- Confidence and Self-esteem
- Developmental & Behavioral Coaching
- Expat Planning & Transitioning
- Goal Setting & Accountability
- Influencing Skills
- Professional Certified Coach – International Coach Federation
- Certified Career Management Coach – The Academies
- Certified Brain-Based Success Coach – The Academies
- Leadership Values Index Practitioner
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- EQi 2.0 & EQi 360
- Career Changers
- Community Change Makers
- Human Resources
- Individual Contributors
- Mid Level Managers
- Mid-Career Professionals
Methodologies and Tools used:
- Neuroscience and positive psychology techniques create clarity in your career direction and expand your capacity to make it happen.
- Strengths-based coaching leverages your top strengths so that you can spotlight your brand and function in your sweet spot.
- Career & Leadership Assessments provide insight into your ideal roles.
- EQi 2.0 and Leadership Values index provide tools for increasing your effectiveness and influence as a leader.
Carissa Gay is a catalyst for change, helping individuals create a clear and rewarding path forward and ignite the momentum and hope to make it happen. Years ago, she felt stuck and overwhelmed in her job and wondered if it was really possible to advance her career. This wake-up call prompted her to identify her personal leadership brand and discover the tremendous value she brought to organizations. When she became confident in her own brand, she no longer stood on the sidelines waiting, she was living her dream and opportunities were coming to her!
Carissa’s career spans 20 years in non-profit, education, and corporate leadership roles. She has over 15 years of experience in corporate training, education, leadership, client relations, and talent development. In the non-profit world, she developed programs to help government, business, and educational leaders improve their communication skills and create a strong organizational culture. From there she took a role in an EdTech company, becoming trainer and manager for a national team specializing in e-learning and cost-effective degree completion.
Carissa believes that everyone has what it takes to be a courageous leader. Drawing from brain-based research and leadership development methodology, she empowers clients to create a clear and compelling vision and experience the fulfillment of functioning in their strengths. Carissa’s approach focuses on personal leadership awareness and practical career strategies. She equips clients with the courage and tools to create the career and life they really want.
In 2017 she founded Courageous Leaders, specializing in leadership and career development, helping impact-minded professionals identify their personal brand and expand their leadership opportunities. She is the current President of the San Antonio Chapter of the International Coach Federation and also serves as the Southwest regional trainer for Center for Coaching Excellence, training managers and leaders in the conversational coaching skills that produce high-performing teams.
Carissa holds degrees in English and Christian Education and a Master’s in Counseling. She is an ICF Professional Certified Coach and completed additional certifications in emotional intelligence, career management, and neuroscience, all part of her mission to equip leaders of vision, courage, and significant impact.