Career Transition Coach
- Online via Zoom
- Professional Career Manager (PCM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communications
- 23 Years providing Career Coaching to job seekers, career changers and passion seekers
- Experience coaching salaried employees in High Tech, IT, Finance, Manufacturing, Services and Construction
- Career Changers
- Mid Level Managers
- Mid-Career Professionals
- Women Reentering the Work Force
Methodologies and Tools used:
- In-depth conversation — about your career history, childhood aspirations, educational influences and career passions.
- Collaborative writing sessions — to create Career Roadmaps, Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn Profiles, Branding Statements and other Career Transition documents.
- Brainstorming STAR stories about your career — stories to help you stand out in networking, information interviews and job interviews.
- Career & Behavior Style Assessments — DISC and Birkman
Offered at University of Texas Informal Classes:
- Find Your Passion, Find Your Perfect Work
- 7 Resume Secrets to Get a Job Fast
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers
- Network to a Job You Love
- 8 Ways to Get That $100,000 Salary
Catherine Jewell has been known as the Career Passion® Coach since 2000 and is a Certified Professional Career Manager (PCM). She focuses her coaching practice on young professionals who are tired of giving rock star performance for ordinary salaries. She helps each client identify their key strengths and win the job, status, and income they deserve.
Jewell is highly sought after for help with all phases of the job search – from finding passion, rewriting resumes, interview preparation, to salary negotiation. She is gifted at finding the star power in each person and helping clients see their work achievements as uniquely qualifying them for a better position.
Her clients say she is creative, resourceful, and fun to work with. In her 20+ years as a Career Coach, she has helped more than 3,500 adults through difficult job transitions. Her passion is helping young professionals clearly see their talents and move up in their careers – whether it be through a promotion, a job change, or a career shift.
A three-time career changer, Catherine created her coaching practice out of her own search for meaning in her work. With a degree in Journalism, Catherine began her career working in the magazine industry—first in production, then as an editor. Soon she got a big break and joined a fast-growing advertising agency. She rose from an Account Executive to Vice President, Group Director over 12 years.
Even as a highly successful advertising executive, she realized her true passions were presenting and training. So, she engineered a move into marketing that gave her a chance to do sales training. Two jobs and five years later, she had attained the “perfect work” she was always seeking: group programs, speaking events, webinars, and one-on-one coaching.
Jewell had a huge turning point in 2009 when she lost a big contract. She felt first-hand the pain and anguish of being fired! Since then, she has focused her efforts on coaching job seekers who feel miss-placed, misjudged, unappreciated, or discarded. One of her clients wrote:
“She is truly a heart-centered coach. I felt her with me every step of the way – through my despair and my wins. With her encouragement, I got my confidence back and won a job I used to dream about. I couldn’t have made this career change without her.”
Jewell is the author of three books including “New Resume New Career,” the only resume book featuring 25 career makeovers of real job seekers. Her work has been quoted and reviewed by the New York Times, Black Enterprise Magazine, Success, Forbes, and the Chicago Tribune. She has just released a new ebook on Amazon, “Good Network, Great New Job – Get a job fast by networking with the connections you already have.”